Saturday, May 19, 2012

Last Minute Preakness Preview

The Kentucky Derby came along and I botched that, I will fully admit. Predicting Gemologist to win was a definite screw up after seeing the horse finish in sixteenth. Now, we have a field of eleven horses. However, two of them seem to be taking centre stage.


Bodemeister
Bodemeister had the derby in the bags if it wasn't for I'll Have Another. Bodemeister is a great horse with great past performances. Bodemeister had a 99 Beyer Speed Figure during the Derby. His best ever was a 108. To put things in perspective, Secretariat had a 139 during the Belmont. Anyways, Bodemeister's Beyer at the Kentucky Derby wasn't very good. If his Beyer can be better, maybe he'll be able to win this one. I expect him to at least show.


I'll Have Another
After his win at Churchill Downs, I'll Have Another is the odds favorite at the Preakness with odds of 5-2. After looking at his previous races, I think I'll Have Another is at the peak of his career. The Derby was I'll Have Another's third consecutive win. To be successful in the Preakness, I'll Have Another will have to have a slightly better run. His jockey needs not to leave it up to the last seconds of the race to make his move. Other than that, I'll Have Another should place or win.


It looks to be a great race between Bodemeister and I'll Have Another. I am very excited to see who comes out on top.









No comments:

Post a Comment